As you probably know, summer is here! That means lots of beach fun, and, rain… because, we’re in Miami. But rain doesn’t mean that UV rays won’t get to you, also, we live in a very humid place that tends to make our skin dryer than usual. This is why we wanted to take this opportunity to talk about skin care, and how important it really is.
Now, you might be thinking that taking care of your face and skin will be very expensive or that when you read the ingredients behind moisturizers and cleansers you can’t understand more than 2. Well, we have a solution for you, one that will be helpful for your pocket, for your skin health and (since we are a sustainable brand, I’m sure you saw this one coming) for the planet.
Nature has everything we need; we just need to educate ourselves on how to use it! Here are our favorite “ingredients” and why:
- Honey: the skin MVP! Yes, you read that right, not only is as natural as it gets since it comes from bees, but it will also work wonders for your skin. It’s full of antioxidants and boosts collagen production (talk about glow). It also has antibacterial and anti-septic properties, which means that it will get rid of dirt and bacteria which makes it great combating acne.
- Brown Sugar: its granulated particles exfoliate your skin, getting rid of dry and dead skin cells. Helping your skin to feel smooth. Brown sugar also has anti-bacterial and glycolic acid properties for keeping your skin healthy and radiant.
- Cucumber: the all-star of skin care. It helps to reduce swelling and puffiness, and studies have shown that it aids acne-prone skin, premature aging and it works great getting the skin ready for hydration.
- Yogurt: natural skin cleanser and will help tight your pores, for better results let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Oatmeal: this one you can use for pretty much anything, combining it with any of the ingredients above will make a great face mask. It helps reduce skin inflammation and redness, is suited for all skin types including sensitive and problem skin like eczema and psoriasis. It has antioxidant properties due to the presence of different types of phenols including ferulic and caffeic acids providing gentle exfoliation.
With these 5 ingredients you can make face masks and scrubs that will help your skin look and feel healthier, smoother and glowing. Our personal recommendation is mixing yogurt and cucumber before starting your day to feel fresh and ready or honey, brown sugar and oatmeal to get the perfect summer glow. Hurry up and get started with your skin care routine, summer doesn’t last forever! There’s no TIME to waste when healthy skin is on the line!