- So, the first tip is (I’m sure you guessed it) HYDRATE! And I can’t stress this enough people. Dehydration is no joke, especially with the temperatures and humidity down here. Take your BPA free, non-plastic, reusable water bottle everywhere you go! Step up your water game by adding ice and lemon/lime wedges!
- Next tip is (and probably you though that this might’ve been number one, but is actually number two) sunscreen! Sun exposure can be damaging and hard on your skin, this is why protecting it should be top on your priority list. Now, there are TOO many sunscreens to choose from, so our recommendation is using one that takes care of you and the planet, which is why our go to are always mineral, non-comedogenic, and environmentally friendly packaging ones, that are SPF 30 or up!
- Take advantage of the sun and air dry your laundry! I mean… this one is pretty much self-explanatory, just save energy and give your clothes a few extra wear days by saving them from the dryer heat!
- Better-cation! (don’t come at me, I know its lame but it fits the purpose). Either go to the nearest beach and pick up some trash while you’re there, OR, go to a sustainable hotel (yes, it’s a thing, google it) and ease your impact on the planet while having a great time.
- Go meatless! For a day… we are not saying vegan is better… but having a plant-based diet does help. Also, “plant based” is trending right now, so, you know, hop on that trend! But just in case you don’t believe us: Beef in particular takes a major toll on the environment. Did you know that 1,800 to 2,500 gallons of water are needed to produce 1 pound of beef? Eating one less burger a week for one year makes the same impact as taking a car off the road for 320 miles, according to the Earth Day Network.
- Support small businesses and eco-brands (ahem ahem). Going local and looking for better alternatives is very helpful. The word sustainable doesn’t only mean organic or reused/recycled/upcycled, it also means making the world we live in more supportable, by helping the economy and companies that have the right conditions and wages for every one of their employees.
- Skip the straw!!!!! Sorry, but, if in 2020 you’re still using plastic/disposable straws… we are cancelling you next! Thank you, and goodbye.
- Drink a lot of water, especially if you live in South Florida!
- Apply sustainable sunscreen
- Use a reusable non-plastic water bottle
- Save energy and air dry your laundry
- Pick up trash if you come across it
- Start a plant-based diet
- Support eco-brands
- STOP USING STRAWS!
We wanted to keep it simple because we don’t want to stress you, but there’s a lot more you can do and we are happy to share them with you! Just contact us we will gladly send you a larger list of tips that you can also share with your family and friends (or foes, because we could use all the help right now). There’s no TIME to waste when your sharing useful information!